Pancakes are like….the best thing ever! Am I right?
However, many of us see them as an indulgent treat to be consumed very occasionally, as traditionally they’re made with unhealthy sugars and flour that is low in nutrients. It is time to reconsider this pancake stigma!
Here I present to you a healthy, nutrient & protein packed pancake recipe! And yes – they are still super delicious & taste super indulgent. So what are you waiting for – go go go get ’em!
// These are best consumed post-workout!
Serves 1 / 5 medium pancakes (for 2, simply double the recipe)
__ 1/4 cup coconut flour
__ 2 tbsp oats or oat flour
__ 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
__ 1 tsp cinnamon
__ 1/2 tsp baking powder
__ 1/4 cup oat milk (or any other kind of milk you like)
__ 2 eggs
__ 2 tsp agave syrup (or any other syrup of your choice)
__ coconut oil (for cooking)
__ of your choice… bananas, berries, sugar-free fruit spread, nut butters, coconut yoghurt all work great!
– put all the ingredients, apart from the toppings, into a food processor or a blender and whiz them up until smooth.
– heat up a frying pan and melt roughly a teaspoon of coconut oil.
– once the pan is hot, using a tablespoon, put a generous dollop of the pancake mix on the pan. Spread it out a little using the spoon to form a nice, round 1/2 cm thin pancake.
– cook on medium heat.
– once bubbles appear on the surface, flip them over & cook for a couple more minutes until cooked through.
– when done, stack them up on a plate and add your toppings.
// If you try this recipe, please let me know how it went in the comments below!
& tag me in your delicious photos on Instagram @deeudre 🙂